I’m sorry to inform you that this is not the after but merely the progress.
Despite the hubs and myself working our little butts off the whole of last week, that between a termite infested house, wooden floor repairs and a kitchen redo (see kitchen before here) that we are not yet done with our kitchen.
So, herewith some progress pics. Because a progress post is better than no post at all.
To date, we have
- replaced our old stove
- taken out the extractor fan
- ripped out the old sink and cabinet
- rearranged (the old kitchen cabinets were freestanding) the cabinets and put them on legs to make them standard height and in so doing created space for a dishwasher
- installed a new countertop to standard kitchen countertop depth
- installed a new tap
- installed a new (now double) sink
- installed new hardware
We still need to
- make and install the corner door
- finish painting the cabinets
- give the saligna top another light sand and seal
- install our white tile backsplash
It is going to look so kick ass once we’ve installed the tile.
Eventually we’d like to
- buy/ get the dishwasher that we reworked cabinet space for (not pictured here, it is to the left of the sink)
- get a silver cookerhood
- install shelves on either side of cookerhood
- get a real wicked chandelier up in there
I’m terribly pleased at how amazing this has turned out so far. I’m over the moon with my kitchen and even more excited at the hub’s crazy skills.
Hubs, I wouldn’t want to go through termite turmoil or a kitchen redo with anybody but you. If we can do this, we can do anything. Thank you for my new kitchen. I am the luckiest girl in the world.